Monday, October 4, 2010

map obsession

.

I often take a day out (alone), may be once in a few months

with camera, journal book, hat (people thought that I'm Japanese), and a 'curiosity' heart.

just to sneak around the place , the street where I found interest in.


.

I really wish to transform my path to a MAP form (like the above).

As Map make me crazy, like another interest of mine captured in another blog.


.

Pudu is one of the significant historical places.

According to historians, the Pudu village has existed since around 120 years ago mostly occupied by early Chinese settlers who were involved in the tin mining industry and other small local trades.

It was mainly a Chinese community from the very start, even until now, the area is largely populated by Chinese community with an increasing number of foreign workers.

.

There is a project carried out by the community Pudu. It's called Pudu Community Art Project
An art project based in Pudu community organized by Lost Generation Arts Space.


.


.

This community art project is initiated as an attempt to rediscover the significant cultural value of Pudu via a series of community-based arts and culture programs in the hope of engaging the locals in building the groundwork for communal bonding, with the ultimate aim of revitalizing the community.

.



.

From the map, I can see the burning heart of the passionate young people in Pudu.


1 comment:

Tina said...

very cool maps...I love them too - the older the better. if you ever want to trade let me know...
xo
tina
mommy scraps alot