Friday, October 1, 2010

Paper Art : Lotus Flower Book

lotus book


What I had busy at last weekend in played with those papers


Folding those papers, calming my mind


lotus book_2

Lotus flowers are amazing and have strong symbolic ties to many Asian religions especially throughout India.

The lotus flower starts as a small flower down at the bottom of a pond in the mud and muck.

It slowly grows up towards the waters surface continually moving towards the light.

Once it come to the surface of the water the lotus flower begins to blossom and turn into a beautiful flower.


lotus book_3



lotus book_4




lotus book_5

lotus book_6

Lotus - Estranged love, forgetful of the past


lotus book_7

lotus book_8

I remembered Linda had shared in her blog regarding How to Make Lotus Flower Book.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks amazing!! It would take me so long to do this! I am useless at folding like this

Linda Vincent said...

Oh Lay Hoon I think yours are much more intricate and more special than the ones I made.
Fabulous folding!!!
(But thank you for the mention:-)

SewPaperPaint said...

This is WONDERFUL! Thanks for the link.
xx,
Autumn Clark