Sunday, October 24, 2010

Creative Revolution

Creative Revolution

I was so grateful to have 2 free hours of (my own) time on Friday.

I explore the possibilities / ways to use my own hand-bound book , which can be open flat.

IMG_7121

Since I have only 2 hours. I worked on Diana Trout' s Creative Revolution which each prompt may take 10-20 minutes. She is inspiring teacher.


So, start with Nudge 1 : Take a handful paper / fabric scraps, glue them down on journal.
CR : 1

Nudge 2 & 3 : I don't have printer. So will worked it out in next few days.


Nudge 4 : Lettering . Used broad marker to bold the letters.
IMG_7124
(Place where I worked, the bird chirping , warm sun. I used to dream what I gonna do if I quit my job)


Nudge 5 : Split the page into 7 segments. One for each day of the week.
The journal book can be served as your customize diary book for year 2011.
CR : 5
So many things happen this week,
I didn't update my blog as I was ill (period cramp so seriously)
and
the sad part, we loss our beloved brother-in-law who suffered cancer . He was 35 years old.



Nudge 6 : 5 minutes collage.
When I flip thought the old pile of magazine and found this "Never stop learning while enjoying the best of life" speak to me.
CR : 6


4 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

i am sorry for your loss... :(

your art pages are growing lovely tho!
and your books look fantastic

Nicole Austin said...

what beautiful pages. i love your journals. i am sorry to hear about your brother in law. my sincere condolences to you and your family.

~*~Patty S said...

Dear Lay Hoon ~ I am so sorry about the loss of your brother in law...sending healing and peace to you and your family!

Your hand bound journal is beautiful as are your inspired pages. You really made them of your 2 hours "you" time!

Take care of yourself.
BIG hugs from Virginia, USA
oxo

Anne said...

Hi, Lay Hoon! So sorry to hear about the passing of your brother-in-law. I will be thinking of you and yours during this tragic time.

Meanwhile, I am glad that you continue to share your beautiful journal pages.