Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crusade 33 ~ Back to School


According to Michelle Ward, this month's challenge in GPP Street Team is to feed your brain - in or out of the studio. Tell us on your blog what you have learned recently, what you plan to learn, or what you are currently learning. It does not have to relate to art. It can be anything.

********************************************************************
You must learn day by day, year by year, to broaden your horizons. The more things you love, the more you are interested in, the more you enjoy, the more you are indignant about--the more you have left when anything happens." -- Ethel Barrymore

Keep your "a childlike" curiosity, and a lifelong love of learning.

Once we start learning something new, we become excited again.

I've taken 2 online workshop in last months ago, i.e. 'Capture your dream' and Vision Journal Workshop. I enjoy both workshop and gather new knowledge, which is not limited to art only .






Besides, I also learn to bind my own pages into journal book.
I'm happy for the new try.

(Outside)
(Inside)


However ,all of these is not end for this year.

I have another class with Kathryn on her 'Personal Retreat' which to be started on 1 October.
I just love her class :)

I also plan to take another class in Doll Making.

The house-shape cardboard that I prepared for the class.



9 comments:

Marlynn said...

OH, LaYhOon..... these journals are so beatiful. All of them. The corragated cardboard one is outstanding. You are so talented. Thanks for stopping by the Honeysuckles. Been too long since we have "seen" each other. Hugs,
Marlynn

Mescrap said...

Thank you Marlynn.

Maj said...

These journals are awesome! I too want to learn about book binding!
Have fun in your next online class.

Julie Prichard said...

I love the binding on your book, Layhoon! And your quote is very motivational!

xo Julie

Anne said...

Hi, Lay Hoon! So many fabulous creative projects! I love the cardboard you prepared for some future creation. It's a fabulous background and I'm sure the final product will be stunning! :-)

Robin said...

Lovely work.....
I like all the different texture involved.

Have a beautiful weekend.

jgr said...

Your journals are wonderful! I love that you showed the outside and binding closeup along with the inside pages. Congrats on everything you've learned. Thank you for showing us.

michelle allen said...

love your journals! very beautiful.

Linda Vincent said...

Wow..I almost missed this post! What a stunning journal; full of colour and texture (and special words).
Well done.