After few years of exploring in various type of art journaling, I've manage to develop some journaling techniques to my busy daily live (career + study + family). I've create my own version of journal system, that help me to keep sake my monkey thoughts when the time I'm busy with other task. Over the time, I learned that at one time I can only focus in completing one task before the others. Due to this, I recognized the need of having a good system that can steer and direct me to my plan and also not forgetting my goal.
(Top Left - Evernote Moleskine ; Top Right - Muji Monthly Schedule)
(Bottom Left - Camel small notebook ; Bottom Right two are Plain Journal from Inspira)
I keep a monthly planner and to-do-list (bucket list), in writing... Okay, you may laughed at me at these :) I'm from old school, still loves to pen them down on the piece of paper even there are many high-tech apps out there.
Monthly Planner (to keep a small goal and doing something small everyday) Muji Monthly Schedule
- for my free time doodling, fruit label sticker, colors etc.
- as a financial monitoring. Expenses tracking (on the monthly utility, credit card payment, car installation)
- as a health log tracking. For instance to keep track the menses timing, exercising / stretching
- as a leave / holiday planning. important for me to put in activities.
- as a reminder (even a countdown) for a special events / occasions / assignment due date / examination date
- to record breakthrough out of the norm activities. For instance, I have 2 and half hours in every Friday, so instead of lunch at the familiar stalls. I do it bit different by having my lunch in different restaurant / stalls.
List Journal (where I 'park' all those monkey thoughts)
- Handy and compact To-do-list / To-Experience-List that I feel something fun to explore. For e.g. baking / cooking
- Values of life that I want to bring in (such as decluttering, give back to society)
- Commitment that I promises for the family
- Books to read
- Blogging ideas
- Lesson learnt (observed that I tends to do one thing (repeatedly) that bring me unpleasant feeling)